Who are we?
OnlyCaptains.com (the website) is owned by Three Sixty Marine, a company registered in Monaco (Company Registration Number 20P09565) whose registered offices are situated at Casabianca, 17 bd du Larvotto, 98000, Monaco.
Your personal details
Your personal details may be given to us in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to the following:
- You may send your details to us directly via email or another method.
- We may be given your details as part of a service we provide.
We must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work seeking services, consultation services and information relating to roles and services relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
What are your rights?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data that we process on you.
- The right of access to the personal data that we process on you.
- The right to rectification of your personal data.
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest.
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling, and The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to us processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting the following e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal bases for processing your data
We believe that we have a legitimate interest in processing your data for the purposes of providing work seeking services to both our clients and candidates, and for the purposes of providing consultation around Human Resources, Training and Digital Marketing and other matters.
By processing your personal data, we believe that we are able to offer a more bespoke and personal service and that this is in all party’s best interests.
In order to provide our clients with an effective service, we collect and use certain information in the course of our business that includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Details of key contacts, including email addresses, phone numbers.
- Notes from meetings and conversations had with key contacts.
- Emails exchanged with key contacts or other contacts within the organisation.
- Details of jobs, and other consultancy.
We retain this information as we believe that it falls within our legitimate interest in providing our services to our clients.
Candidates and Individuals
We believe that we can often help you by contacting you with employment opportunities, training and associated career development advice that we may feel may be of interest and therefore we may use your details to contact you with relevant information to help you in your career and employment goals.
If working on a consultancy project, it is often necessary to process your data to ensure we have correct and accurate information.
To ensure the best service when working with you as a candidate, or to ensure that accurate and necessary information is provided when offering consultation and advisory services, we may collect and use the following types of personal data. The list below is basic, and not exhaustive:
- Contact details
- Date of birth
- Education background
- Employment history
- Immigration status
- Copy of passport / ID card / other form of identification
- Copy of relevant maritime certificates, including ENG1
- Details of any criminal convictions where applicable to the role
- Current salary and package
- Any further information that you tell us included in future employment preferences
- Dates that you make contact with our organisation
- Any other information we are asked to provide under any law.
We retain this information as we believe that it falls within our legitimate interest in providing our services.
Using your Personal Data
From time to time and when relevant we will forward your personal data to our clients.
- To provide you with a recruitment service
- To provide you with associated services
- Submitting your data to a prospective client
- Assessing your data against open vacancies to determine your suitability
- Storing your details on our database so that we can contact you in relation to future opportunities
- To meet our obligations of any contracts between you and us
- To meet our obligations of any contracts between us and third parties with regard to your recruitment
- To send you appropriate updates on opportunities and career development that may be of interest.
- Verifying details that you have provided (e.g. references, qualifications and criminal convictions)
- Complying with our legal obligations
Sensitive Personal Data
We may need to collect and retain sensitive personal data on candidates such as
- Information about health and medical conditions.
- Details on criminal convictions
- Details on a scenario at work that may be sensitive or be deemed private and confidential, or one of the protected characteristics under the equality act.
In these scenarios, we will ask for your explicit consent, and you may withdraw this consent at any time.
If you have contacted us in the past, we may use your details to send you details of services and opportunities that may benefit you. For any further marketing we will need your consent.
If you do not wish to receive any marketing from us, you may withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing through our email system. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Who we share your personal data with
We share your data with a variety of other parties during the course of conducting our business, in a number of ways, for a number of reasons, they are as follows:
- Third party IT companies with whom we are contracted to and have appropriate processing agreements
- Third party services providers who perform work on our behalf (e.g. partner companies, accountant, lawyers, etc.)
Candidates and Individuals
- Our clients and partners if relevant services are appropriate
- Third party IT companies with whom we are contracted to and have appropriate data processing agreements
- Third party services providers who perform work on our behalf (e.g. accountant, lawyers, etc.)
How we safeguard your personal data
We make sure that all of your data is safe by using a range of technical safeguards. We also ensure that operationally we are sound and have carefully followed procedures and awareness within the business.
In addition to these day to day safeguards, we also have a process in place to deal with any suspected breach of data.
If you suspect that your data has been misused, or has been compromised please contact us immediately at email@example.com
Keeping Your Data
We will delete your data when requested and if we haven’t had any relevant contact for a three-year period.
For the purposes of this policy, relevant contact means:
- Communicating with us via email, telephone or mail
- Submitting your CV or applying for a role
- Clicking through from any of our email communication.
Keeping your data safe outside the EEA
Our business works with client and candidates all over the world therefore have a need to and store your data internationally. This could be:
- To overseas clients
- Our clients may transfer your data internally
- To data storage facilities
- To our partners where appropriate
The company may transfer only the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the purposes of providing you with employment services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises of the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
Our website stores a number of different cookies on the computer or device that you use to access our website. Cookies are small text files used by browsers to store small bits of information about a device or computer, such as preferred settings or preferred languages.
Cookies do not take up much space (unless you have thousands of them) and cannot contain viruses or other harmful code.
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or, any of the procedures set out in it please contact us:
By post: Three Sixty Marine, Casabianca, 17 bd du Larvotto, 98000, Monaco.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org